Environmental policy INGENIA Intelligent Connections.
INGENIA Intelligent Connections understands the responsibility every company has in relation to taking care of the environment. Green initiatives have been developed by INGENIA both in products and processes are rapidly increasing in popularity. Our product development teams have this as part of their core aims to improve and increase the green credentials of all of our products. This can be from incorporating better components into our products to sourcing nearer or within the UK to decrease the CO2 emissions as a result of transporting goods around the world. We recognise the need within the Plastic Card industry to constantly improve in this regard, and INGENIA are committed through innovation to take our green responsibility seriously.
We proactively review our environmental policies and make all employees aware of this policy upon joining the business.
We also make it a key priority to raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environmental matters inside and outside of the business.
We are committed to becoming a truly sustainable business and will continue to provide our customers with high quality sustainable products and services in ways that enhance the environment and help reduce their organisations carbon footprint.
We actively work with suppliers and sub-contractors who enforce the same principles as ourselves.
Changes to this policy are driven by regular audits carried out across all areas of the business.
Key Components of the INGENIA Environmental Policy are as follows:
- We will actively try to source environmentally sympathetic alternatives to all of our plastic products.
- We are actively developing a wide range of products that are proven to have strong eco credentials.
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Increase employee awareness and training on an annual basis.
- Minimise waste and dispose of unavoidable waste in a responsible manner.
- To conserve and protect the environment and, wherever possible, improve it through the services and products we provide.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will have a disposal system to sort waste to make recycling as easy as possible.
- We will aim to reduce packaging as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Auto lighting off systems are in place throughout our 2 sites, and LED lighting has been installed in all areas.
- We have changed to cloud-based systems rather than on-premises to reduce electricity.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles by signing up to schemes such as Cycle2Work.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- Ongoing development of our green car charging scheme, where multiple car chargers are available for employees free of charge for staff with electric vehicles.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- Incorporate environmental factors into all business decisions.